Calendar module question

Discussion in 'Python' started by Phil, Feb 17, 2013.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thank you for reading this.

    My adventures with Python have just begun and during the few weeks I
    have tried many IDEs. The following piece of code fails under all IDEs,
    and the interpreter, except under the Wing IDE.

    Why would this code work under the Wing IDE and nowhere else? Could
    there be a different calendar module included with Wing?

    import calendar

    cal = calendar.prcal(2013)
    print cal

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "calendar.py", line 1, in <module>
    import calendar
    File "/home/phil/calendar.py", line 3, in <module>
    cal = calendar.prcal(2013)
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'prcal'

    --
    Regards,
    Phil

    Phil, Feb 17, 2013