Calendar Options

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Steven LaPha Jr., Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Hello all,

    I was wondering what would be the best free way to add simple and printable
    calendars to webpages?

    I've used the standard hard coding a pure HTML table (but it's a pain to
    renumber them for every month and are very limited). I've seen programs to
    make calendars but most only save you the numbering, still very limited.

    Mostly what I'm looking for is an easy way to make something that looks even
    slightly better then a table. For example events that last more then a day
    or two actually going over those days, also any other options. Outlook's
    (XP) exported calendar seems to do this, but doesn't always seem to get all
    the events (if you have more then 1 or two on the same day) and their
    calendars aren't that modifiable if at all. I also want to add links to
    event information.

    So is there any other better options then pure HTML table? Some other form
    of scripting? Something pre-existing available? Or does anyone know of any
    forms of calendar hosting services that a business can use for free.

    I know probably a lot to ask, but thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas.

    Thanks in advance,

    Steven LaPha Jr., Feb 20, 2004

  2. On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:39:19 GMT, "Steven LaPha Jr."
    <> wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I was wondering what would be the best free way to add simple and printable
    >calendars to webpages?

    [...]

    >So is there any other better options then pure HTML table? Some other form
    >of scripting? Something pre-existing available? Or does anyone know of any
    >forms of calendar hosting services that a business can use for free.

    There are a ton of calendar scripts out there. For example, see:

    <http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Calendars/>
    <http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Calendars/>

    Some of them are even free.

    Nick

    --
    Nick Theodorakis

    nicholas_theodorakis [at] urmc [dot] rochester [dot] edu

    Nick Theodorakis, Feb 21, 2004