California Sun Microsystems computer systems employees

kr0

It seems that there is an issue in California with computer systems
employees of Sun Microsystems not receiving overtime wage compensation.
Apparently it is not uncommon for long coding hours to be overlooked for
overtime pay and in California there are specific laws in regards to this
that could effect lots of these employees. If you go to
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/sun_microsystems_overtime there is
more information on this as well as what can be done about it. There is a
free case evaluation provided for those who may have had such overtime pay
issues. I thought this might be of interest and hope that it may be of some
help.

kr0

Luc The Perverse

kr0 said:
It seems that there is an issue in California with computer systems
employees of Sun Microsystems not receiving overtime wage compensation.
Apparently it is not uncommon for long coding hours to be overlooked for
overtime pay and in California there are specific laws in regards to this
that could effect lots of these employees. If you go to
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/sun_microsystems_overtime there
is
more information on this as well as what can be done about it. There is a
free case evaluation provided for those who may have had such overtime pay
issues. I thought this might be of interest and hope that it may be of
some
help.

Good old cali has some of the strictest laws in the nation IIRC - requiring
overtime pay on hours over 40 and days over 10 hours

Adam Maass

Luc The Perverse" said:
Good old cali has some of the strictest laws in the nation IIRC -
requiring overtime pay on hours over 40 and days over 10 hours

Yes, but it also classifies most computer professionals in the same
categegory as managers and other "exempt" employees. "Exempt" in the sense
that overtime laws don't apply to them.

-- Adam Maass