    issues. I thought this might be of interest and hope that it may be of some
    help.

    kr0

    kr0, Jun 1, 2006

  2. "kr0" <> wrote in message
    news:xuwfg.219573$WI1.47150@pd7tw2no...
    > It seems that there is an issue in California with computer systems
    > employees of Sun Microsystems not receiving overtime wage compensation.
    > Apparently it is not uncommon for long coding hours to be overlooked for
    > overtime pay and in California there are specific laws in regards to this
    > that could effect lots of these employees. If you go to
    > http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/sun_microsystems_overtime there
    > is
    > more information on this as well as what can be done about it. There is a
    > free case evaluation provided for those who may have had such overtime pay
    > issues. I thought this might be of interest and hope that it may be of
    > some
    > help.

    Good old cali has some of the strictest laws in the nation IIRC - requiring
    overtime pay on hours over 40 and days over 10 hours

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Jun 2, 2006

  3. kr0

    Adam Maass Guest

    "Luc The Perverse" wrote:
    > "kr0" <> wrote in message
    >> It seems that there is an issue in California with computer systems
    >> employees of Sun Microsystems not receiving overtime wage compensation.
    >> Apparently it is not uncommon for long coding hours to be overlooked for
    >> overtime pay and in California there are specific laws in regards to this
    >> that could effect lots of these employees. If you go to
    >> http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/sun_microsystems_overtime there
    >> is
    >> more information on this as well as what can be done about it. There is a
    >> free case evaluation provided for those who may have had such overtime
    >> pay
    >> issues. I thought this might be of interest and hope that it may be of
    >> some
    >> help.

    > Good old cali has some of the strictest laws in the nation IIRC -
    > requiring overtime pay on hours over 40 and days over 10 hours

    Yes, but it also classifies most computer professionals in the same
    categegory as managers and other "exempt" employees. "Exempt" in the sense
    that overtime laws don't apply to them.

    -- Adam Maass

    Adam Maass, Jun 12, 2006