Call a DLL LIB function in ASP.NET (Code Behind) or VB.NET (The same code is working fine in VB 6.0)

Peri

Dear All,

In VB 6.0 declaring this function and calling this functions works smoothly.
But in VB.NET or ASP.NET (Code behind), I am getting an error in the line
"HResult = CreateReportOnRuntimeDS(Rs, svReportFile, svTTXFile, False,
True)" saying that, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Can any one help me out to solve this problem.

Module Report
Declare Function CreateReportOnRuntimeDS Lib "p2smon.dll" (ByVal
lpUnk As Object, ByVal reportFile As String, ByVal fieldDefFile As String,
ByVal bOverWriteFile As Long, ByVal bLaunchDesigner As Long) As Long

---This is how I use this function in the procedure:
Public Sub pblsCreateReport(ByRef Rs As ADODB.Recordset, ByRef
svReportFile As String, ByRef svTTXFile As String)

Dim rsReportSet As New ADODB.Recordset()

rsReportSet = Rs

Dim HResult As Long

' Create the Report
HResult = CreateReportOnRuntimeDS(Rs, svReportFile, svTTXFile,
False, True)

End Sub

End Module

Thanks and Regards,

Peri

Phillip Ian

You might try changing the Long variables to Integer. Not sure if that
will solve your problem, but I know that the definitions changed
between VB6 and VB.NET.

-Phil