call c++ function from c

Richard

Richard Heathfield said:
Marcin Wolcendorf said:

So will making it too wide. This newsgroup discusses C. That is a wide
enough topic to ensure that this group has been useful for almost a
quarter of a century.

C and your lecturing on topicality you mean. There is FAR more noise in
this NG with our posturing and others rushing in with their OT
admonishments than there is from perceived "off topic" original
posts. Grow up and ignore them.

Kenny McCormack

C and your lecturing on topicality you mean. There is FAR more noise in
this NG with our posturing and others rushing in with their OT
admonishments than there is from perceived "off topic" original
posts. Grow up and ignore them.[/QUOTE]

If it weren't for off-topics posts, we'd have no posts at all!

(Gloom, despair, and agony on me...)

Keith Thompson

Richard said:
C and your lecturing on topicality you mean. There is FAR more noise in
this NG with our posturing and others rushing in with their OT
admonishments than there is from perceived "off topic" original
posts. Grow up and ignore them.

A great deal of the noise in this group, and a majority of your own
contributions (no I haven't actually measured), consists of *you*
lecturing us about topicality.

Many, perhaps most, posts saying that something is off-topic are well
received by their targets, especially when such posts include a
redirection to a more appropriate forum.

In this particular thread, the original question is about calling a
C++ function from C. The simple fact is that C provides no mechanism
for doing this. But C++ does. There are questions about whether the
C++ mechanism supports both calling C++ from C and vice versa. We
could speculate at length here about those questions, with C
programmers who really don't know C++ very well guessing what C++
provides. Or the question could be redirected to comp.lang.c++, where
it can be answered quickly and definitively, probably with a simple
citation of the C++ FAQ.

It wasn't entirely unreasonable for the original poster to ask the
question here. It was entirely reasonable to redirect the OP to
comp.lang.c++. Going back over the history of this thread, the very
first response (from Jens Thoms Toerring) did exactly that. (Jens
also tried to answer the question in C++ terms, which IMHO was
unwise.) If we could have just left it at that, the OP would have
gotten his answer and we wouldn't be wasting our time arguing about
topicality.

You don't like us posting articles saying that C++ is off-topic?
"Grow up and ignore them."