Call Datagrid Command column outside datagrid

Dave

Hello all,

I am using a datagrid as a user entry form and only using
one column for the whole thing. I need to be able to use
the EditCommand column but would like to set the command
column Visible="false" and call the EditCommand from
another location on the page outside of the datagrid (but
my functions should still be able to use the
datagridCommandEventargs). Is this possible?

Cheers

Dave