Call DTS Package from ASP.NET, asynchronously

Yi

Hi,

I have several DTS packages in SQL Server that typically takes 5-10
hours to run. I need to build an ASP.NET application which can execute
the DTS packages from the web browser, which I know how to do. The
problem is how can I execute the DTS packages asynchronously, so that
when the user click "start task", the DTS is started but the user can
then go to other web pages?

Thanks a lot!

Yi

bruce barker

setup a run on demand sqlagent job to run them. then trigger the job from
the web page.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Hi,
|
| I have several DTS packages in SQL Server that typically takes 5-10
| hours to run. I need to build an ASP.NET application which can execute
| the DTS packages from the web browser, which I know how to do. The
| problem is how can I execute the DTS packages asynchronously, so that
| when the user click "start task", the DTS is started but the user can
| then go to other web pages?
|
| Thanks a lot!
|
| Yi

Yi

Bruce,

I was not able to find how to set up "on-demand" sql agent job. Does
this function exist in SQL Server 2000?

thanks,
Yi

Yi

Bruce,

I figured out how to execute DTS from sqlagent job, but how do I pass
parameters from the sqlagent job to the DTS packages? I have two
global variables for the DTS packages.

Thanks,
Yi