Call for a cooperation

Giandomenico Sica

Dear all,
I'm a PhD researcher in logic at the University of Leiden in Holland.
At the present I'm doing a work about the implementation of some parts
of the Braille code related to the representation of the logical and
mathematical symbols.
In order to the well development of this work I will need a little
software helping me in the execution of some automatic operations
related to the analysis of Braille code.
I've written the structure of the software I need.
You can find it (including the related information) at the web-page:
http://www.polimetrica.org/indexen.html
I'm writing to this list because would like to know if there is someone
interested in writing the software by using Python.
It should then be distributed under terms of the GNU GPL license.
I'm sorry, but my skills related to programming languages are very poor.
Many thanks in advance for the help.

All the best,
nico

Jeremiah

that seems to be very simple program. You just ask the user for input
and save it to different lists. What's the point, you could write that
program without knowing almost any python. Just get a reference book
and you'll instantly have all the commands that you need.

KvS

Hi Nico,

as a Dutch PhD researcher in maths also (although the field is financ.
maths & the place Frankfurt am Main at the moment) I feel obliged to
answer ;). Had a quick look at your page and it seems all pretty
straightforward, at least at first sight. And as Jeremiah pointed out,
Python is easy to learn, especially for somebody who knows his logic
already ;). So take a day or two experimenting with a good tutorial or
book and you'll probably know everything you need to know to get
started with your program. Putting some time into getting to know
Python is very rewarding I can assure you having done exactly this not
too long ago with hardly any experience in programming.

In case of further questions just consult this group again, people are
friendly here :).

Veel succes!

- Kees