CALL FOR MODERATORS: comp.lang.java.announce

Chris Smith

Good (morning/afternoon/evening/twilight),

We are, as always, in need of volunteer moderators for the newsgroup
comp.lang.java.announce. If you are interested in the newsgroup, now is
the time to do something. There is only one active moderator for the
group at this time.

If you are willing to serve in this capacity, please send an email to
(e-mail address removed) and introduce yourself. The
time commitment is very flexible. Whatever you can do is appreciated.
Please consider whether you are willing to help out the Java community
in this way.

Thanks,

hiwa

Chris Smith ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
Good (morning/afternoon/evening/twilight),

We are, as always, in need of volunteer moderators for the newsgroup
comp.lang.java.announce. If you are interested in the newsgroup, now is
the time to do something. There is only one active moderator for the
group at this time.

If you are willing to serve in this capacity, please send an email to
(e-mail address removed) and introduce yourself. The
time commitment is very flexible. Whatever you can do is appreciated.
Please consider whether you are willing to help out the Java community
in this way.

Thanks,
What should I do as a 'moderator'?

Chris Smith

hiwa said:
What should I do as a 'moderator'?

Moderators approve messages to comp.lang.java.announce. About 80% of
what reaches the group is spam, so it's just a matter of approving the
other 20%. There are also a few policies regarding cross-posting,
frequency of commercial announcements, etc. that are enforced. It's all
done with a piece of software called PyModerator, written in Python.

If you're interested, email the address in the previous message.

steve

Chris Smith ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:

What should I do as a 'moderator'?

you get to delete the idiots & idiot posts, such as Xah lee.
now think how satisfying that could be.

hiwa

Chris Smith ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
Moderators approve messages to comp.lang.java.announce. About 80% of
what reaches the group is spam, so it's just a matter of approving the
other 20%. There are also a few policies regarding cross-posting,
frequency of commercial announcements, etc. that are enforced. It's all
done with a piece of software called PyModerator, written in Python.

If you're interested, email the address in the previous message.
If it is a batch, I could do it.
If it needs continuous run of a server on my site, I'm afraid I
couldn't.