CALL FOR MODERATORS: comp.lang.java.announce

Discussion in 'Java' started by Chris Smith, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Chris Smith

    Chris Smith Guest

    Good (morning/afternoon/evening/twilight),

    We are, as always, in need of volunteer moderators for the newsgroup
    comp.lang.java.announce. If you are interested in the newsgroup, now is
    the time to do something. There is only one active moderator for the
    group at this time.

    If you are willing to serve in this capacity, please send an email to
    and introduce yourself. The
    time commitment is very flexible. Whatever you can do is appreciated.
    Please consider whether you are willing to help out the Java community
    in this way.

    Thanks,

    --
    Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer / Technical Trainer
    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Chris Smith

    hiwa Guest

    Chris Smith ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:

    > Good (morning/afternoon/evening/twilight),
    >
    > We are, as always, in need of volunteer moderators for the newsgroup
    > comp.lang.java.announce. If you are interested in the newsgroup, now is
    > the time to do something. There is only one active moderator for the
    > group at this time.
    >
    > If you are willing to serve in this capacity, please send an email to
    > and introduce yourself. The
    > time commitment is very flexible. Whatever you can do is appreciated.
    > Please consider whether you are willing to help out the Java community
    > in this way.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer / Technical Trainer
    > MindIQ Corporation

    What should I do as a 'moderator'?

    hiwa, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Chris Smith

    Chris Smith Guest

    hiwa <> wrote:
    > What should I do as a 'moderator'?

    Moderators approve messages to comp.lang.java.announce. About 80% of
    what reaches the group is spam, so it's just a matter of approving the
    other 20%. There are also a few policies regarding cross-posting,
    frequency of commercial announcements, etc. that are enforced. It's all
    done with a piece of software called PyModerator, written in Python.

    If you're interested, email the address in the previous message.

    --
    Chris Smith

    Chris Smith, Aug 22, 2006
  4. Chris Smith

    steve Guest

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:31:07 +0800, hiwa wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Chris Smith ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
    >
    >> Good (morning/afternoon/evening/twilight),
    >>
    >> We are, as always, in need of volunteer moderators for the newsgroup
    >> comp.lang.java.announce. If you are interested in the newsgroup, now is
    >> the time to do something. There is only one active moderator for the
    >> group at this time.
    >>
    >> If you are willing to serve in this capacity, please send an email to
    >> and introduce yourself. The
    >> time commitment is very flexible. Whatever you can do is appreciated.
    >> Please consider whether you are willing to help out the Java community
    >> in this way.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> --
    >> Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer / Technical Trainer
    >> MindIQ Corporation

    > What should I do as a 'moderator'?

    you get to delete the idiots & idiot posts, such as Xah lee.
    now think how satisfying that could be.

    steve, Aug 22, 2006
  5. Chris Smith

    hiwa Guest

    Chris Smith ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:

    > hiwa <> wrote:
    > > What should I do as a 'moderator'?
    > >

    > Moderators approve messages to comp.lang.java.announce. About 80% of
    > what reaches the group is spam, so it's just a matter of approving the
    > other 20%. There are also a few policies regarding cross-posting,
    > frequency of commercial announcements, etc. that are enforced. It's all
    > done with a piece of software called PyModerator, written in Python.
    >
    > If you're interested, email the address in the previous message.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Smith

    If it is a batch, I could do it.
    If it needs continuous run of a server on my site, I'm afraid I
    couldn't.

    hiwa, Aug 23, 2006