Call for Papers: The IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2008)

Discussion in 'Java' started by imecs_2008@iaeng.org, Oct 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    CFP: IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering ICSE 2008

    From: International Association of Engineers

    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering
    19-21 March, 2008, Hong Kong
    http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2008/ICSE2008.html

    The conference ICSE'08 is held under the International MultiConference
    of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2008. The IMECS 2008 is organized
    by the International Association of Engineers (IAENG), and serves as
    good platforms for the engineering community members to meet with each
    other and to exchange ideas. The last conference in 2007 has attracted
    a total of over one thousand participants from over 50 countries.

    All submitted papers will be under peer review and accepted papers
    will be published in the conference proceeding (ISBN:
    978-988-98671-8-8). The abstracts will be indexed and available at
    major academic databases. The accepted papers will also be considered
    for publication in the special issues of the journal Engineering
    Letters, in IAENG journals and in edited books. Revised and expanded
    version of the selected papers may also be included as book chapters
    in the standalone edited books under the framework of cooperation
    between IAENG and Springer.

    Important Dates:

    Draft Manuscript submission deadline: 12 December, 2007
    Camera-Ready papers & Pre-registration due: 31 December, 2007
    ICSE 2008: 19-21 March, 2008

    Submission:

    ICSE 2008 is now accepting manuscript submissions. Prospective authors
    are invited to submit their draft paper in full paper (any appropriate
    style) to imecs{at}iaeng.org by 12 December, 2007. The submitted file
    can be in MS Word format, PS format, or PDF formats.

    The first page of the draft paper should include:
    (1) Title of the paper;
    (2) Name, affiliation and e-mail address for each author;
    (3) A maximum of 5 keywords of the paper.
    Also, the name of the conference that the paper is being submitted to
    should be stated in the email.

    The topics of the ICSE'08 include, but not limited to, the following:

    Software requirements engineering
    Software architecture design
    Software reusable components
    Software testing and analysis
    Software processes and workflows
    Software safety, security and reliability
    Software maintenance
    Reverse engineering
    Grid software
    Software economics
    Distribution systems
    Programming languages
    Embedded software systems
    And their applications

    ICSE Conference Co-Chairs and Committee Members:

    Chin-Chen Chang
    IEEE Fellow, IEE Fellow
    Chair Professor in Department of Information Engineering and Computer
    Science, Feng Chia University, Taiwan

    Zonghua Gu (co-chair)
    Assistant Professor
    Dept. of Computer Science,
    Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong

    Abdelaziz Guerrouat
    Assistant Professor, Institute of Computer Sciences, Technische
    Universitat Clausthal, Germany

    Pao-Ann Hsiung
    Associate Professor, Institute of Computer Science and Information
    Engineering
    National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan

    Haeng Kon Kim (co-chair)
    Dean of Engineering College, Catholic University of DaeGu, South Korea

    Jahwan Koo
    Research Professor at Intelligent HCI Convergence Research Center,
    School of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan
    University, South Korea

    Prof. A. Alper Ozalp
    Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Engineering and
    Architecture Faculty, Uludag University, Turkey

    Quah Tong Seng (co-chair)
    Professor of Information Communication Institute of Singapore (ICIS)
    Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

    Chen-Hua She (co-chair)
    Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Automation
    Engineering
    Da-Yeh University, Taiwan

    Waralak V. Siricharoen
    Professor, University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC), Bangkok,
    Thailand

    Dr. Dat Tran (co-chair)
    Senior Lecturer in Computing, School of Information Sciences and
    Engineering,
    University of Canberra, Australia

    Jie Yuan
    Assoaciate Professor, School of Computer Technology and Science,
    Shanghai University, China

    Prof. Yousuo Joseph Zou
    Associate Professor of Computer Science, University of Guam, USA

    More details about the IMECS 2008 can be found at:
    http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2008/index.html

    It is our target that the reviewing process and the result
    notification for each submitted manuscript can be completed within one
    month from its submission. The reviewing process is to ensure the
    quality of the accepted papers in the WCE congress. The conferences
    have enjoyed high reputation among many research colleagues ( for
    example, see the http://cs.conference-ranking.net/ or http://www.conference-ranking.com/
    or http://www.conference-ranking.org/cs.html ).

    More details about the International Association of Engineers, the
    journal Engineering Letters and the IAENG International Journal of
    Computer Science can be found at:
    http://www.iaeng.org/about_IAENG.html
    http://www.iaeng.org/IJCS/index.html
    http://www.iaeng.org/IJAM/index.html
    http://www.iaeng.net/
    http://www.iaeng.com/
    The official journal web site of Engineering Letters at:
    http://www.engineeringletters.com
    Other Engineering Letters web sites at:
    http://www.engineeringletters.com
    http://www.engineeringletters.net
    http://www.engineeringletters.org
    http://www.engineeringletter.com

    ********
    It will be highly appreciated if you can circulate these calls for
    papers to your colleagues.

    , Oct 14, 2007

  2. Lew Guest

    Re: Call for Papers: The IAENG International Conference on SoftwareEngineering (ICSE 2008)

    wrote:
    > CFP: IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering ICSE 2008
    >
    > From: International Association of Engineers

    > All submitted papers will be under peer review ...

    Tchyaah, right.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 14, 2007

  3. Markus E L Guest

    Lew wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> CFP: IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering ICSE 2008
    >> From: International Association of Engineers

    >> All submitted papers will be under peer review ...

    > Tchyaah, right.

    Well, he didn't say anything about the _quality_ of the peer review.

    -- Markus

    Markus E L, Oct 16, 2007
  4. Phil Carmody Guest

    Markus E L <> writes:
    > Lew wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > >> CFP: IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering ICSE 2008
    > >> From: International Association of Engineers

    > >> All submitted papers will be under peer review ...

    > > Tchyaah, right.

    > Well, he didn't say anything about the _quality_ of the peer review.

    An old senile geezer with dodgy eyesight will peer at it. What
    more could you ask for?

    Phil
    --
    Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
    -- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration

    Phil Carmody, Oct 16, 2007