Call Javascript confirm from code behind

tshad

In 3.5 is there a way to call a javascript confirm box from the code - not a
button - and get the response back before continuing on?

In my program, I want to be able to check the database to see if a company
exists after the save button is pressed and if it does not, then popup a box
asking if the user really wants to add this new company or not.

If so, continue with the save, if not stop the processing.

Thanks,

Tom

William Niver

Howdy Tom!
I haven't created all the code for you, just the concept of how to create
the cycle of JavaScript calls CodeBehind and CodeBehind calls JavaScript
Back.

Hope it helps!

William

Default.aspx:

Code View:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb"
Inherits="_Default" %>
<head runat="server">
<title>Test</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="upnl_Main" runat="server"
ChildrenAsTriggers="false" UpdateMode="conditional">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" Text="" />
</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>
</form>

Code Behind:

Partial Class _Default
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub LinkButton1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles LinkButton1.Click
'Do your lookups, checking and validation here.
Dim ScriptBuilder As New StringBuilder
'Build custom Javascript depending on your results.
ScriptBuilder.Append("function MyScript() {" + Environment.NewLine)
ScriptBuilder.Append(" alert('Howdy, I am dynamically created
javascript.');" + Environment.NewLine)
ScriptBuilder.Append("}" + Environment.NewLine)
ScriptBuilder.Append("MyScript();" + Environment.NewLine)
'register the javascript to the update panel control and update that
panel.
ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(upnl_Main, upnl_Main.GetType(),
"MyScript", ScriptBuilder.ToString, True)
upnl_Main.Update()
End Sub

End Class

Nanda Lella[MSFT]

You can use a web service to acheive this. Call a webserver on button click
from javascript and return true or false based on your criteria..

--

Thank You,
Nanda Lella,

This Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
How to create a customized confirmation alert in javascript

When you implement a delete feature in your application, a very basic additional feature which is always expected to be implemented is a confirmation box, so that the user gets a prompt before doing some delete activity.

For implementing this, there is already a Javascript function called confirm().
The syntax for this is very simple and i am sure every developer is aware of this. The syntax is as follow:

var confirm = confirm("Are you sure you want to do this?");
if(confirm)
{
//do your delete
return false;