call JavaScript from PERL generated html

Dave

I have "header.html" used by PERL to construct an entire page.
Unfortunately, this header page contains no head or body tags; the
script generates them. So I am at a loss as to how I can reference 3
external js files to show a js menu in the header page. Nothing I've
tried works and I don't want to monkey with the PERL file. If there is
a way to generate the menu, I'd sure appreciate the code because I'm
only slightly better at javascript than my 4 year old granddaughter!
Thanks in advance.

Jim

Dave said:
I have "header.html" used by PERL to construct an entire page.
Unfortunately, this header page contains no head or body tags; the
script generates them. So I am at a loss as to how I can reference 3
external js files to show a js menu in the header page. Nothing I've
tried works and I don't want to monkey with the PERL file. If there is
a way to generate the menu, I'd sure appreciate the code because I'm
only slightly better at javascript than my 4 year old granddaughter!
Thanks in advance.
Generate a new page with your menus and a large iframe and load the perl
generated html into the iframe?