Call .NET Web Services from java Applet or Application

John Straumann

Hello All:

I am messing around with some Java GUIs and trying to call web services
developed in .NET for MSCRM. I can access the web service at

http://<servername[:port]>/mscrmservices/2007/crmservice.asmx

Does anyone know of an example of calling .NET web services from Java code?

Thanks.

John.

Arne Vajhøj

John said:
I am messing around with some Java GUIs and trying to call web services
developed in .NET for MSCRM. I can access the web service at

http://<servername[:port]>/mscrmservices/2007/crmservice.asmx

Does anyone know of an example of calling .NET web services from Java code?

Download and install Axis.

Then use the WSDL2Java utility that comes with it to
generate Java classes from
http://<servername[:port]>/mscrmservices/2007/crmservice.asmx?WSDL
and call that generated code from your code.

Relative simple !

I can post some code, but there are really no point, because
the code you need to write yourself is trivial.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Tris said:
No! Use C# with Microsoft stuff.

????

The purpose of web services is to provide a service that is accessible
from multiple technologies/languages.

If it was guaranteed to bet .NET-.NET then remoting would do
do fine and be a lot more efficient (with a binary formatter).

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Lew said:
I worked on a project that was connecting independent organizations from
many states across the United States. Roughly 60% of the stakeholders
used J2EE, the rest used .Net. They all needed to use the same web
services.

You can also occasionally see C++, PHP or Python clients.
There is a standard called "WS-I" (Web Services Interoperability) that
proffers protocols and idioms to ensure cross-platform compatibility of
web services. On our project, we didn't get heavily into WS-I so much
as ensure that our Java code adhered to a .Net-friendly WSDL.

I was recently helping someone troubleshoot the fact that the old
JAX-RPC standard with DII did not support WS-I.

Arne