    Does anyone know of an example of calling .NET web services from Java code?

    Thanks.

    John.

    John Straumann, Apr 28, 2008

  2. "John Straumann" <> burped up warm pablum in news:GToRj.61212$:

    > Does anyone know of an example of calling .NET web services from Java code?

    No! Use C# with Microsoft stuff.

    --
    Tris Orendorff
    [ Anyone naming their child should spend a few minutes checking rhyming slang and dodgy sounding names. Brad and Angelina failed to do this when naming their kid Shiloh Pitt. At some point, someone at school is going to spoonerise her name.

    Tris Orendorff, Apr 28, 2008

  3. John Straumann

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:41:37 -0400, "John Straumann"
    who said :

    >Does anyone know of an example of calling .NET web services from Java code?

    It should be no different than calling any other web based service.

    Code I have write that does that includes:

    http://mindprod.com/products1.html#VERCHECK
    http://mindprod.com/products1.html#SUBMITTER
    http://mindprod.com/products1.html#HTTP

    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Apr 28, 2008
  4. John Straumann

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    John Straumann wrote:
    > I am messing around with some Java GUIs and trying to call web services
    > developed in .NET for MSCRM. I can access the web service at
    >
    > http://<servername[:port]>/mscrmservices/2007/crmservice.asmx
    >
    > Does anyone know of an example of calling .NET web services from Java code?

    Download and install Axis.

    Then use the WSDL2Java utility that comes with it to
    generate Java classes from
    http://<servername[:port]>/mscrmservices/2007/crmservice.asmx?WSDL
    and call that generated code from your code.

    Relative simple !

    I can post some code, but there are really no point, because
    the code you need to write yourself is trivial.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 28, 2008
  5. John Straumann

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Tris Orendorff wrote:
    > "John Straumann" <> burped up warm pablum in news:GToRj.61212$:
    >> Does anyone know of an example of calling .NET web services from Java code?

    > No! Use C# with Microsoft stuff.

    ????

    The purpose of web services is to provide a service that is accessible
    from multiple technologies/languages.

    If it was guaranteed to bet .NET-.NET then remoting would do
    do fine and be a lot more efficient (with a binary formatter).

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 28, 2008
  6. Lew wrote:
    > Furthermore, the documentation in the Axis project is quite decent.
    > <http://ws.apache.org/axis2/>
    > for the newest version, and
    > <http://ws.apache.org/axis/>
    > for the older approach, still quite viable.

    Decent for the simple stuff.

    For the advanced stuff it is usually Google ...

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 29, 2008
  7. Thanks for all the input.

    John.

    John Straumann, Apr 29, 2008
  8. John Straumann

    Donkey Hot Guest

    "John Straumann" <> wrote in news:r_FRj.56214
    $:

    > Thanks for all the input.
    >
    > John.
    >
    > "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    >> Lew wrote:
    >>> Furthermore, the documentation in the Axis project is quite decent.
    >>> <http://ws.apache.org/axis2/>
    >>> for the newest version, and
    >>> <http://ws.apache.org/axis/>
    >>> for the older approach, still quite viable.

    >> Decent for the simple stuff.
    >>
    >> For the advanced stuff it is usually Google ...
    >>
    >> Arne

    XFire may be easier than Axis (IMHO) : http://xfire.codehaus.org/

    or CXF, the current Xfire development: http://cxf.apache.org/

    XFire runs on Java 1.4.2 level, CXF needs Java 5, I think.

    Donkey Hot, Apr 30, 2008
  9. Lew wrote:
    > Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >> Tris Orendorff wrote:
    >>> "John Straumann" <> burped up warm pablum in
    >>>
    >>> No! Use C# with Microsoft stuff.

    >> ????
    >>
    >> The purpose of web services is to provide a service that is accessible
    >> from multiple technologies/languages.
    >>
    >> If it was guaranteed to bet .NET-.NET then remoting would do
    >> do fine and be a lot more efficient (with a binary formatter).

    > I worked on a project that was connecting independent organizations from
    > many states across the United States. Roughly 60% of the stakeholders
    > used J2EE, the rest used .Net. They all needed to use the same web
    > services.

    You can also occasionally see C++, PHP or Python clients.

    > There is a standard called "WS-I" (Web Services Interoperability) that
    > proffers protocols and idioms to ensure cross-platform compatibility of
    > web services. On our project, we didn't get heavily into WS-I so much
    > as ensure that our Java code adhered to a .Net-friendly WSDL.

    I was recently helping someone troubleshoot the fact that the old
    JAX-RPC standard with DII did not support WS-I.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 3, 2008