Call page from function

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by logologo, Apr 30, 2005.

  1. logologo

    logologo Guest

    Hi, I'm trying to use the web timer to schedule a call to an asp page. In
    practice, I want the server calls an asp page that makes several jobs. The
    timer works fine, but I don't know how to call a page from a function.

    This is part of the code I'm using:

    *****************************
    public void OnTimedEvent(object source, ElapsedEventArgs e)
    {

    //operazioni varie da eseguire

    //HERE THE CALL TO THE ASP PAGE

    //db ecc

    //riimposto il timer per portarlo avanti di n ore
    When=When.AddHours(Every);

    //riprendo l'intervallo cos prendo in considerazione il tempo di
    elaborazione passato
    //con il tempo potrebbe sballare
    OpTimer.Interval=GetInterval();
    OpTimer.Start();

    }
    *********************************

    Thank you
    logologo, Apr 30, 2005

  2. logologo

    Brock Allen Guest

    Look into the HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse classes in the System.Net
    namespace.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen