fine.

what libraries need to be referenced - how can i search for them?

and surely i don't have to carry out everything in the

cookbook at sqldev.net

kev

Guest

Consider using a Process object to fire off dtsrun.exe. It is one of the
easiest ways to program the funcationality you desire once the package is
created (can be created in SQL Server designer and exported to the file sys).

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

kevin bailey

Cowboy said:
Consider using a Process object to fire off dtsrun.exe. It is one of the
easiest ways to program the funcationality you desire once the package is
created (can be created in SQL Server designer and exported to the file
sys).

i did see that but have had huge problems in windows when trying to run
command line programs from ASP pages - very often meant that IIS crashed
and we never got to the bottom of it - project was dumped in the end.

also - we need to be able to pass parameters into the calling of the DTS
package - and dtsrun.exe does not seem to allow for parameters,

cheers - kev

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

For one recent project, I actually tried this, but gave up and switched to
coding my own transformation using ADO.NET and a couple of data adapters.
This is one that could be parameterized pretty simply. It's not that messy
to do it with ADO.NET.

DTS gets easier in SQL Server 2005.