    fine.

    what libraries need to be referenced - how can i search for them?

    and surely i don't have to carry out everything in the

    cookbook at sqldev.net

    kev
    kevin bailey, Nov 19, 2004

  2. kevin bailey

    kevin bailey Guest

    kevin bailey wrote:

    > how do i
    > call, run or execute a DTS package from an APS (aspx) page?

    that should be an ASP page - and this is using ASP.NET
    kevin bailey, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Consider using a Process object to fire off dtsrun.exe. It is one of the
    easiest ways to program the funcationality you desire once the package is
    created (can be created in SQL Server designer and exported to the file sys).

    ---

    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Nov 19, 2004
  4. kevin bailey

    kevin bailey Guest

    Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP wrote:

    > Consider using a Process object to fire off dtsrun.exe. It is one of the
    > easiest ways to program the funcationality you desire once the package is
    > created (can be created in SQL Server designer and exported to the file
    > sys).

    i did see that but have had huge problems in windows when trying to run
    command line programs from ASP pages - very often meant that IIS crashed
    and we never got to the bottom of it - project was dumped in the end.

    also - we need to be able to pass parameters into the calling of the DTS
    package - and dtsrun.exe does not seem to allow for parameters,

    cheers - kev

    kevin bailey, Nov 19, 2004
  5. kevin bailey

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    There is a COM DTS object model that you can use

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 19, 2004
  6. For one recent project, I actually tried this, but gave up and switched to
    coding my own transformation using ADO.NET and a couple of data adapters.
    This is one that could be parameterized pretty simply. It's not that messy
    to do it with ADO.NET.

    DTS gets easier in SQL Server 2005.

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Nov 19, 2004