call storedprocdeure from asp

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by vinodkus@gmail.com, Sep 25, 2008.

  1. Guest

    dear sir/madam

    I have created a stored procedure using if and else if. this stored
    procedure only select
    record from table. and I have done paginh\g in asp page.
    so It gives error
    like

    ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

    Current Recordset does not support bookmarks. This may be a limitation
    of the provider or of the selected cursortype.

    /Tiecon/request_meet.asp, line 613

    error line no is

    rs.AbsolutePage = currentpage

    I think calling of this stored proceudure is somethig different method
    I m calling like this

    rs.CursorType=adOpenStatic
    rs.open sql,conn
    pagecount = rs.pagecount

    please tell me what is the problem

    Thanks in advance
    , Sep 25, 2008

  2. Change the cursortype to adUseClient

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 25, 2008

    On Sep 25, 6:55 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    wrote:
    > Change the cursortype to adUseClient
    >

    > wrote:
    > > dear sir/madam

    > >  I have created a stored procedure using if and else if. this stored
    > > procedure only select
    > > record from table. and I have done paginh\g in asp page.
    > > so It gives error
    > > like

    > > ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

    > > Current Recordset does not support bookmarks. This may be a limitation
    > > of the provider or of the selected cursortype.

    > > /Tiecon/request_meet.asp, line 613

    > > error line no is

    > > rs.AbsolutePage = currentpage

    > > I think calling of this stored proceudure is somethig different method
    > > I m calling like this

    > > rs.CursorType=adOpenStatic
    > > rs.open sql,conn
    > > pagecount = rs.pagecount

    > > please tell me what is the problem

    > > Thanks in advance

    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    > quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

    sorry same error message display again
    , Sep 25, 2008
    wrote:
    > Change the cursortype to adUseClient
    >

    > wrote:
    > > dear sir/madam

    > > I have created a stored procedure using if and else if. this stored
    > > procedure only select
    > > record from table. and I have done paginh\g in asp page.
    > > so It gives error
    > > like

    > > ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

    > > Current Recordset does not support bookmarks. This may be a limitation
    > > of the provider or of the selected cursortype.

    > > /Tiecon/request_meet.asp, line 613

    > > error line no is

    > > rs.AbsolutePage = currentpage

    > > I think calling of this stored proceudure is somethig different method
    > > I m calling like this

    > > rs.CursorType=adOpenStatic
    > > rs.open sql,conn
    > > pagecount = rs.pagecount

    > > please tell me what is the problem

    sorry same error message display again

    Since this an error to do with the provider do you think it might be an idea
    to specify which provider you are using?

    Are you sure a rowset is being returned form the SP?

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Sep 25, 2008