call-template in curly brackets

inquirydog

Hello-

I, the inquirydog have a question: Using the AVT mechanism
(curly brackets in an attribute value) is a great way to decrease the
size of your xml document and make it more readable. Can one also
include the results of a call-template within curly brackets? Ideally
it would be great if you could just call the template as a function:

<tagname attributename="{mytemplate('abcd')}">

Is this possible? If not, is something else like it possible? Will
it be possible? Other than using the long notation (<xsl:attribute>)
is there a clean way to do this?

The Inquirydog thanks you for your help.

see you
-Inquirydog

Julian Reschke

inquirydog said:
Hello-

I, the inquirydog have a question: Using the AVT mechanism
(curly brackets in an attribute value) is a great way to decrease the
size of your xml document and make it more readable. Can one also
include the results of a call-template within curly brackets? Ideally
it would be great if you could just call the template as a function:

<tagname attributename="{mytemplate('abcd')}">

Is this possible? If not, is something else like it possible? Will
it be possible? Other than using the long notation (<xsl:attribute>)
is there a clean way to do this?

The Inquirydog thanks you for your help.

No, that's not possible.

I think in XSLT 2.0, user-defined functions will take care of this.