Call to guid property of Scriptlet.TypeLib times out

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Thomas Born, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Thomas Born

    Thomas Born Guest

    Hi;
    I use following code in an ASP page to generate a GUID:

    <%
    dim obj
    Set obj = Server.CreateObject("Scriptlet.TypeLib")
    Response.Write(obj.guid)
    Set obj = nothing

    %>

    It worked fine on my WIN2000 computer running IIS. I recently bought a
    new computer with XP Pro and this page times out. I now it is the call
    to obj.guid. I have seen the same behaviour on another XP machine as
    well.

    The funny thing is if I paste this code into VB and display the guid
    in a message box, it runs without a problem.

    Any ideas, is this not supported in XP?

    Thanks
    Thomas
    ()

    Thomas Born, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Thomas Born

    Thomas Born Guest

    I found the solution to the problem. My antivirus software had script
    blocking activated. After I disabled this, the asp page started to work and
    I could see the GUID.

    It still would be nice to have this working with script blocking activated.

    Thomas Born, Feb 9, 2004