call to internal code

wadewells

I have a midterm that requires a little html one thing needed is a call to
internal code, which I imagine meens I make a subroutine in the html in java
or something then I have a call to it in the code someplace... the script
and call can be as simple as possible...

can someone give a simple example of this?

wadewells

Nevermind - I decided I wanted to take this MD a day early and I poked
around a bit and found it: I'll use a simple function statement to set up
the code and an onmouseover event to call it.

Andrew Urquhart

wadewells said:
I have a midterm that requires a little html one thing needed is a call to
internal code, which I imagine meens I make a subroutine in the html in java
or something then I have a call to it in the code someplace... the script
and call can be as simple as possible...

can someone give a simple example of this?

I take it that a "midterm" is a school test of some sort, else I'd think
you were going for a check-up on your pregnancy, but I digress. Java is
a fully-fledged programming language whereas Javascript is a
light-weight scripting language supported by many web browsers, they're
quite different beasts and it's the latter you probably want. Don't
worry, everyone starting off makes this mistake, just don't mention it
in comp.lang.javascript - we see it *every* day :)

One of the best places to learn how to write javascript is W3Schools
<url: www.w3schools.com/js/ > and if you only need basic examples that
get results you'll find them as you work your way through the tutorial.

Using javascript in a web-page opens a catering-sized can of worms in
terms of accessibility, user-interface design, browser compatibility and
more. Some browsers don't support it and the ones that do allow it to be
turned off, third-party systems may also disable javascript. It could be
interesting to research the issues surrounding the use of javascript for
your test/report, it might impress the marker, or at least it's worth a
try, and if not the knowledge will come in useful if you write other
web-pages in the future.

Sid Ismail

: I have a midterm that requires a little html one thing needed is a call to
: internal code, which I imagine meens I make a subroutine in the html in java
: or something then I have a call to it in the code someplace... the script
: and call can be as simple as possible...
:
: can someone give a simple example of this?

Stand between two mountains, and test the echo of the call.

Sid