    or something then I have a call to it in the code someplace... the script
    and call can be as simple as possible...

    can someone give a simple example of this?

    wadewells, Mar 1, 2004

  2. wadewells

    wadewells Guest

    Nevermind - I decided I wanted to take this MD a day early and I poked
    around a bit and found it: I'll use a simple function statement to set up
    the code and an onmouseover event to call it.

    "wadewells" <> wrote in message
    > I have a midterm that requires a little html one thing needed is a call to
    > internal code, which I imagine meens I make a subroutine in the html in

    java

    wadewells, Mar 1, 2004

  3. "wadewells" <> wrote in message
    > I have a midterm that requires a little html one thing needed is a

    call to
    > internal code, which I imagine meens I make a subroutine in the html

    in java
    > or something then I have a call to it in the code someplace... the

    script
    > and call can be as simple as possible...
    >
    > can someone give a simple example of this?

    I take it that a "midterm" is a school test of some sort, else I'd think
    you were going for a check-up on your pregnancy, but I digress. Java is
    a fully-fledged programming language whereas Javascript is a
    light-weight scripting language supported by many web browsers, they're
    quite different beasts and it's the latter you probably want. Don't
    worry, everyone starting off makes this mistake, just don't mention it
    in comp.lang.javascript - we see it *every* day :)

    One of the best places to learn how to write javascript is W3Schools
    <url: www.w3schools.com/js/ > and if you only need basic examples that
    get results you'll find them as you work your way through the tutorial.

    Using javascript in a web-page opens a catering-sized can of worms in
    terms of accessibility, user-interface design, browser compatibility and
    more. Some browsers don't support it and the ones that do allow it to be
    turned off, third-party systems may also disable javascript. It could be
    interesting to research the issues surrounding the use of javascript for
    your test/report, it might impress the marker, or at least it's worth a
    try, and if not the knowledge will come in useful if you write other
    web-pages in the future.
    --
    Andrew Urquhart
    Reply: www.andrewu.co.uk/about/contact/?subject=Re: alt.html

    Andrew Urquhart, Mar 1, 2004
  4. "wadewells" <> wrote in message
    > "wadewells" <> wrote:
    > > I have a midterm that requires a little html one thing
    > > needed is a call to internal code

    > <snip />
    > > can someone give a simple example of this?

    > Nevermind

    Just as well I didn't spend 10 minutes writing a reply then. Oh.

    Andrew Urquhart, Mar 1, 2004
  5. wadewells

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:16:16 GMT, "wadewells" <>
    wrote:

    : I have a midterm that requires a little html one thing needed is a call to
    : internal code, which I imagine meens I make a subroutine in the html in java
    : or something then I have a call to it in the code someplace... the script
    : and call can be as simple as possible...
    :
    : can someone give a simple example of this?

    Stand between two mountains, and test the echo of the call.

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Mar 1, 2004