Call to web service on live asp.net application returns Access Den

Dan A

I have a web application that calls a third party web service during a
registration process.

On the live version of the site it calls a function of the ws and returns
and exception of 401 Access Denied.
Testing it on a local copy of the site on my machine, it works fine.

Before the function call, it gets domain name, username, and password from
the web.config file. Both the live and my local copy have the exact same
credentials being passed in.

The provider of the web service states that their logs state that no
username has been passed in, while I can see that the username is being
gathered.

Any ideas???????

John Saunders

Dan A said:
I have a web application that calls a third party web service during a
registration process.

On the live version of the site it calls a function of the ws and returns
and exception of 401 Access Denied.
Testing it on a local copy of the site on my machine, it works fine.

Before the function call, it gets domain name, username, and password from
the web.config file. Both the live and my local copy have the exact same
credentials being passed in.

The provider of the web service states that their logs state that no
username has been passed in, while I can see that the username is being
gathered.

1) Use a network monitor to see what's actually being sent on the wire.
Consider those at http://www.pocketsoap.com.
2) Does the third party have access restrictions based on IP address? I've
seen that happen.

John