Call VB Code Behind Function from JavaScript???

jason.gyetko

I'm using JavaScript to capture a keypress in my web form. Right now
all it does is post an alert message box. Is there a way to have it
call a function in my VB code behind? All I really want to do is open
another web form when a certain key is pressed. I guess I'd also like
to be able to give focus to a specific textbox on the page when a key
is pressed.

In case you're wondering why... I am scanning in most of my values and
each barcode is prefixed according to the field it goes in, so when
"a123" is scanned, it will get put into a certain field no matter where
the cursor is on the page, and when "b123" is scanned, that will get
put into a certain field and so on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

DavidTurcotte

U can use a work around with

document.forms(0).submit() in javascript

That will do a PostBack server-side

for branching, you can use a hidden

document.forms(0).hidField.value="ScanIsOk"

and server side

if request.form("hidField")="ScanIsOk" then....

Guest

If you want to actually make calls to Codebehind methods in your page via
client-side events, you need to either use Atlas (ASP.NET 2.0) or look into
Remote Scripting ("AJAX") libraries such as Anthem.NET, which is available on
sourceforge.net.
Peter

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

this should all be easily done with client script, no need to bother the
server.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)