    Server, will I still be able to execute the vba code located in the Access
    front end?

    Thanks in advance.
    WC Justice, Sep 27, 2004

  2. WC Justice wrote:
    > I am currently using an Access 2000 database as the back end of an ASP
    > website that is under development. I have some vba code that
    > generates a Word document from within Access and saves it in a folder
    > that makes it available for download over the website. Can I execute
    > this code from ASP?

    No. Access is required to be involved when running VBA code in Access
    modules. While Access can be Automated, MS recommends that Automation of
    Office programs in server code should be avoided:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q257757

    You will probably need to start planning for this now. Your best course of
    action is to port your VBA code to vbscript, or to a VB dll.

    > Further, I am planning to split the Access database, once it is
    > complete, by migrating the back end to SQL Server. Once the website
    > connection is to SQL Server, will I still be able to execute the vba
    > code located in the Access front end?

    See above

    Bob Barrows
    --