Call via vb .net fails but soap toolkit works

Simonk

Hello

I am trying to migrate an asp page that uses the soap toolkit to consume a
web service to vb .net. I've had no problem with other web services, just
this particular one -

The service is hosted on my local pc - I add a web reference by browsing to
the WSDL file and it all seems fine until I attempt to invoke the service -
which fails with "There is an error in XML document (1, 430)." in the
exception messge

The method in question returns a boolean status, and the actual 'result' (a
chunk of XML) comes back in one of the arguments to the call - I'm not sure
whether this is good practice or not (I didn't write the service!) or whether
it is causing the problem - but as I said above, it works fine using the soap
toolkit in asp - I've also created my own .net web service that mimics this
(ie. changes the value of one of the arguments) and I am able to succesfully
call that.

I'm a bit stuck as to how to resolve this - if anyone can help here I'd be
very grateful.

Thanks

Simon

Simonk

Josh

Stacktrace:
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader
xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader
xmlReader, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at solaz.localSol.sdcAsk.sdcAsk(String& Method, String& Parameter,
String& Provider, String& Payload, String& Response) in
C:\visualstudioprojects\solaz\Web References\localSol\Reference.vb:line 43
at solaz.Form1.GetAZ() in C:\visualstudioprojects\solaz\Form1.vb:line 105,

ExceptionType:
System.InvalidOperationException

GetBaseException:
System.FormatException: The string was not recognized as a valid Boolean
value.
at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToBoolean(String s)
at
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadTypedPrimitive(XmlQualifiedName type, Boolean elementCanBeType)
at
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadReferencingElement(String
name, String ns, Boolean elementCanBeType, String& fixupReference)
at
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadReferencingElement(String
name, String ns, String& fixupReference)
at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read3_sdcAskResponse()

regards

Simon