Callback on page leave

roend83

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Asp.net Callback to save changes to data when the
user leaves the page or closes the browser. This works fine on IE;
however, on firefox the callback never gets registered when the user
navigates to a new page. It seems like the post to the new page
happens before the callback, so the callback is lost. Is there
anything I can do to get this to work in firefox.

Thanks,
Nathan

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

callbacks are async. you need to cancel the navigate so that the callback
completes before the page goes away. most use a warnng box (save changes).
this shouldn't work with IE, and probably won't when xmlhttp gets integrated
like firefox's instead of a seperate active/x control.

bruce (sqlwrk.com)