Caller Id and win32::serial

robb

Hi
I have a modem on my computer, and would like to log callerid from it,
I'm a complete novice at programming perl, but with reading the docs
I've managed to get to a stage using win32::serial module that I have
set the modem to recieve caller id, but I dont know how to just sit
and wait listening to the serial port, so I can process the data as it
arrives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Robb

Bill

Hi
I have a modem on my computer, and would like to log callerid from it,
I'm a complete novice at programming perl, but with reading the docs
I've managed to get to a stage using win32::serial module that I have
set the modem to recieve caller id, but I dont know how to just sit
and wait listening to the serial port, so I can process the data as it
arrives.

First of all, if you connect a terminal program to the port, what
happens when you get a call? Does the modem print the caller info to
the terinal program screen?

Only if you are that far along does the perl matter.