Calling a C program from a Python Script

Francis Lavoie

Egor said:
why we use newsgroup instead of mailing list?

1. to keep my mail separated from the python discussion.
And this mailinglist/newsgroup is quite big, 150 messages a day, is
a lot of mail to go trough.
It is easier to delete all mail without deleting my own one when I
want to. Sometime there's subject I dont have answer or dont interest
me. Othertime I'm tired or I didn't check my mail for a couple of day
and it has become huge.
2. Better and faster search. Has I said, I dont want to keep all these
mail in my mail box
3. I don't want to be notice 2 time per minute for mail. I prefer using
it like a forum
>Yes, you have to find an NNTP server that carries comp.lang.python.
It's possible your Internet service provider runs such a news server and
will let you access it as a part of your subscription (this is the case
for me). If not then you'll have to contract with a third party news
service (some of htese are available for free).
>Alternatively, take a look at http://www.gmane.com/, a mailing
list/newsgroup interface service which I believe offers an NNTP service.
>regards
> Steve

thank you, I was not well informed on how it does work. I though it was
like a mailinglist or jabber like, just add it in your news section and
it will connect directly on a news server. But it work now.

Terry Reedy

news.gmane.org gives you access to technical mailing lists, including about
50 Python lists, via a newgroup interface. All you need is a newsreader
program or a combined mail/news program and set up an 'account' for that
program.
why we use newsgroup instead of mailing list?

A. newsgroup interface keeps each group/list segregated from regular email
(and spam) without having to create an inbox and a rule to somehow direct
mail from a particular list to that box.

B. newsgroup interface allows one to only download articles that one wants
to read. It also allows easy bulk deletion of downloaded material.

Terry J. Reedy

Abe Mathews

I've got mine delivered to a gmail account. For me, it was much
easier than trying to find a NNTP host that would allow me to check
remotely (many ISP's don't). Set up a filter so that everything that
comes in from the list is marked "Python". Star anything that looks
promising, delete the rest.

I've yet to use more than 6% of the total allowed space.

Abe Mathews