Calling a function in an iframe

Aaron Gray

How do I call a function within an iframe from the container main document ?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Aaron Gray

Randy Webb said:
Aaron Gray said the following on 3/12/2007 1:21 PM:

iFrameRef.functionName();

I was using the "name" attribute rather than "id" on the IFrame !

Aaron

OmegaJunior

I was using the "name" attribute rather than "id" on the IFrame !

Aaron

var theIFrame = document.frames["theFrameName"];
if((theIFrame)&&(theIFrame.theFunction))
{
var theResult = theIFrame.theFunction();