Calling a MFC ActiveX Control from a ASP.net web service.

dmdaniels

I am looking for some information about a problem I have run into. I have a
third party MFC ActiveX Control and I would like to wrap it with a ASP.net
web service. I add it to my project using "Add Reference" which creates the
interop dll. I can instantiate the ActiveX Control but when I call a method
in the control I get the following exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException at
System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(...)
Catastrophic failure

Any ideas why this doesn't work?

TIA,
dmdaniels

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

I've seen this happen repeatedly with the PDF Control, when the control is
used improperly.

Consult the doc, and compare your ASP.NET code to working code that uses,
for example, VB6 to do the same thing. Are you sure you are using a
parallel usage model ?

ps: wrong group.
try posting to microsoft.public.dotnet.interop

-Dino