    customer pc with no IIS running? is it possible with or without
    work-arounds?

    thanks...
    Eych, Nov 20, 2003

  2. If the code is going to execute on the client's local machine and you don't
    need Web Service layer, then why use it in the first place.

    Coming back to your question, you can definately directly reference the Dll
    in your application as a normal class and invoke objects on it. Just
    remember that this will become a normal class invocation and not a Web
    Service invocation.

    Regards,
    Saurabh Nandu
    Saurabh Nandu, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Eych

    Eych Guest

    thanks Saurabh,

    the reason is to create one piece of code that can be used as a
    service for those that have an internet connection and as a dll for
    when there is no connection...yes, the dll won't be maintained and
    update easily as a web service, but it's better than nothing for those
    that can't get online...anytime the web service is updated, we can
    send them a patch cd...

    question,

    about the dll that you said I can reference, is that the dll that is
    automatically created once I build my project (in the bin folder)? I
    tried adding that as a regular reference, but I don't get any of my
    methods that I've created in the .asmx file? Is there a way to build
    the .asmx file into a usable dll?

    thanks again...

    Eych, Nov 21, 2003