Calling a webmethod by a post

Fabiano

Please,

i have an webservice created with .NET, and a client want to consume it with
a JAVA client. They are using POST, but this way my webservice crash.

They are calling this URL:
http:\\www.beispielseite.com.br\webservice.asmx\login?param1=xxxx&param2=yyyyyy

using this way i get this error message: InvalidOperationException: Request
format is unrecognized.]

If i use the SOAP everything goes fine. And if i use the .NET sample test
page everything goes fine either.

What should be wrong?

Tks,

Fabiano

Trebek

Well ... according to the example you have provided, they are using a GET
request. If a GET request is indeed what you would like to support, enable
it in the web.config file by adding the <HttpGet> protocol.

HTH,

Alex

Girish bharadwaj

And of course, GET might not be acceptable if your web service needs complex
types to be passed in.