Calling a webmethod by a post

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Fabiano, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. Fabiano

    Fabiano Guest

    Please,

    i have an webservice created with .NET, and a client want to consume it with
    a JAVA client. They are using POST, but this way my webservice crash.

    They are calling this URL:
    http:\\www.beispielseite.com.br\webservice.asmx\login?param1=xxxx&param2=yyyyyy

    using this way i get this error message: InvalidOperationException: Request
    format is unrecognized.]

    If i use the SOAP everything goes fine. And if i use the .NET sample test
    page everything goes fine either.

    What should be wrong?

    Tks,

    Fabiano
    Fabiano, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Fabiano

    Trebek Guest

    Well ... according to the example you have provided, they are using a GET
    request. If a GET request is indeed what you would like to support, enable
    it in the web.config file by adding the <HttpGet> protocol.

    HTH,

    Alex

    Trebek, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Fabiano

    Scott M. Guest

    That is a GET request, not a POST.

    Scott M., Sep 10, 2004
  4. And of course, GET might not be acceptable if your web service needs complex
    types to be passed in.

    Girish bharadwaj, Sep 11, 2004