calling a webservice cause access denied error only from remote computer!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jéjé, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Jéjé

    Jéjé Guest

    Hi,

    I've a simple web page (on server A), where I call a webservice (on server
    B).
    the webservice allow only windows authenticated users.
    so I've added the impersonate tag in the web.config file
    etc..

    if I open my ASPX page from the server A himself, I see the result of the
    webservice
    if I open the same page with the same login from any other computer on the
    network, the webservice return an access denied error!!!

    any idea?
    what is the problem?

    thanks.

    Jerome.

    ---
    Jéjé, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Jéjé

    JiangZemin Guest

    "Jéjé" <willgart@_A_hotAmail_A_.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've a simple web page (on server A), where I call a webservice (on server
    > B).
    > the webservice allow only windows authenticated users.
    > so I've added the impersonate tag in the web.config file
    > etc..
    >
    > if I open my ASPX page from the server A himself, I see the result of the
    > webservice
    > if I open the same page with the same login from any other computer on the
    > network, the webservice return an access denied error!!!
    >
    > any idea?
    > what is the problem?
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > Jerome.

    Hi, i hope this link helps:
    http://www.xmlwebservices.cc/index_FAQ.htm (esp. first FAQ item)

    also, maybe you should try posting this question on the webservices group?
    JiangZemin, Feb 18, 2004