calling all would be writers for CUJ

Guest

Can any one who has written an manuscript for CUJ please share your
experiences?
In particular I'd like to hear from you if your manuscript was rejected for
some reason rather than being published.

The reason I ask is because earlier this year I submitted a proposal for
CUJ. Early email communication with CUJ went well, I got an immediate reply
from my proposal and told to go ahead and write the manuscript.

This I did, got it reviewed by two work colleges and sent it off.

I've had confirmation that CUJ did receive my manuscript but no indication
on whether they would like to publish it or not.

Now I have come to the conclusion that CUJ don't want to publish my
manuscript. This is fine. Obviously it isn't what I want, but it is CUJ's
interest to only print manuscripts they think will interest other CUJ
readers. However why can't they simply send me an email and tell me this?

It's been several months now, and the CUJ website states that they will let
you know in 2 - 4 weeks whether they wish to publish the manuscript. This
implies that they will let you know if they don't want to publish the
manuscript.

I know publishing is hard to get into, with book publishers rejecting books
simply because they don't want to take a risk on a new and unknown author.
But surely they can be civil enough to let the author know his work has been
rejected.

Andrew.

Cy Edmunds

I'm 1 and 1. In retrospect the one they rejected wasn't that great.
(Actually, the one they accepted wasn't that great, either. lol) I have no
objection to any of my dealings with them.

Guest

Oh well, perhaps usually they do let the authors know if they don't want to
publish their manuscript and I'm just the exception.
Cheers,

robert.a.zeh

I had an experience identical to yours.

When the the most recent issue hit my mailbox, with a glued letter
stating it was the very last CUJ issue ever I finally figured out what
happened.