Calling an Asynch web service within a web service.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Tony T., Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Tony T.

    Tony T. Guest

    I have read two different articles regarding optimizing thread pool
    utilization by calling asynchrounous web methods and then calling an
    asynchronous method within them.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service10012002.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx

    The first article has an asynch web service method asynchronously
    calling another web service method. The second article has an asynch
    web service method spawning a new .NET thread and asynchronously
    calling it.

    I would like to use the web service calling the web service scenario,
    but isn't calling the second web service method using a thread out of
    the same pool as the first web service (both web services are defined
    in the same IIS web site)?

    Thanks...
    Tony T., Apr 26, 2004