Calling ASP.NET Component from ASP Page

fakethingsster

Hi,

Has anyone successfully and efficiently called an ASP.NET component
from legacy ASP code? What are the risks, if any, associated with
doing so? What are some general guidelines or best practices?

Thanks!

fakethingsster

I have a really large application that's programmed in ASP and it needs
some functionality updates to send out email on occasion. We're
eventually moving the application to.NET and we'd like to use .NET for
any modifications to facilitate this change. We know that we could use
the CDO to send email from ASP but we wanted to explore the option of
using .NET.

Larry Bud

I have a really large application that's programmed in ASP and it needs
some functionality updates to send out email on occasion. We're
eventually moving the application to.NET and we'd like to use .NET for
any modifications to facilitate this change. We know that we could use
the CDO to send email from ASP but we wanted to explore the option of
using .NET.

I guess it would depend on what you mean when you say "calling" a
component. Are you just linking from an ASP to an ASPX page? That's
fine to do. You can even pass parameters in the querystring.