    of other system. Here "software" is my system name. The page is not
    opening. Please help me in acheving this.
    , Jan 18, 2007

  2. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I am working on network which doesnot have any server.

    What sort of network is it...?

    > I have developed an asp.net application

    What software did you use to develop it...?

    > and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
    > "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.

    And what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?

    > Here "software" is my system name.

    But does the other machine know that...?

    How do the machines on your network communicate? Can they ping each other?

    Are you using DNS? If not, do you have an entry in the other machine's hosts
    file so that it knows which machine 'software' is...?
    Mark Rae, Jan 18, 2007

    yes we are using DNS

    On Jan 18, 4:01 pm, "Mark Rae" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > > I am working on network which doesnot have any server.What sort of network is it...?

    > > I have developed an asp.net applicationWhat software did you use to develop it...?

    > > and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
    > > "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.And what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?

    > > Here "software" is my system name.But does the other machine know that...?

    > How do the machines on your network communicate? Can they ping each other?
    >
    > Are you using DNS? If not, do you have an entry in the other machine's hosts
    > file so that it knows which machine 'software' is...?
    , Jan 18, 2007

    I am using asp.net. Systems connect each other thru DNS.Th ebrowser
    shows"page is nnot found"

  5. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > yes we are using DNS

    OK, but are you going to answer my other questions too...?

    Mark Rae, Jan 18, 2007

    On Jan 18, 4:21 pm, "Mark Rae" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > > yes we are using DNSOK, but are you going to answer my other questions too...?

    > > I am working on network which doesnot have any server.What sort of network is it...?

    > i don't any idea,what type of network it is.

    > > I have developed an asp.net applicationWhat software did you use to develop it...?

    >C# and asp.net

    > > and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
    > > "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.And what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?

    >page can't be found

    > > Here "software" is my system name.But does the other machine know that...?

    > yes, we can open physical files.

    > How do the machines on your network communicate? Can they ping each other?

    thru DNS
    , Jan 18, 2007
  8. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message

    >> I have developed an asp.net applicationWhat software did you use to
    >> develop it...?

    >C# and asp.net

    OK so, presumably, this is Visual Studio.NET 2005...?

    >> and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
    >> "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.And
    >> what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?
    >> page can't be found

    So do you actually have a webserver running on the 'software' machine, or is
    VS.NET using its own internal webserver a.k.a. Cassini...?
    Mark Rae, Jan 18, 2007
  9. Most likely it's firewall. It's installed and turned on by default.
    So you need to enable HTTP service.
    If you have some sort of antivirus (Symantec for example) it can block the
    access from the network as well.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Jan 18, 2007