    which writes it to the database, all without submitting the form to the
    server.

    Possible?

    Marley, Oct 7, 2005

  2. Marley wrote:
    > Is it possible to call a VB6 COM+ object on the click of a button or
    > image in classic ASP without submitting the form to the server?

    ASP is server-side code which cannot run without either requesting an asp
    page from a server or submitting a form to an asp page on a server. So, by
    definition, the answer to your question is "No".

    > An example: I have a form with a person's name and address all filled
    > out. I want the user to click a 'Save' image (or button) which
    > instantiates a COM+ object and passes the form data to the COM+ object
    > which writes it to the database, all without submitting the form to
    > the server.

    However, you can use either remote scripting, or the XMLHTTP object to
    accomplish your task. Post your question in a client-side scripting
    newsgroup such as m.p.scripting.jscript.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 8, 2005