calling DCOM from within a web service

ariella

I have an COM+ object on machine A. I can call it from a Windows Form
app on machine B using the Activator class. However, when I try doing
it from a wev service I get a System._ComObject instead of my intf. I
tried to call
Intf = (Intf) Marshal.CreateWrapperOfType(o, typeof(intf));

This fails.

I will appreciate any advice.

ariella

Keenan Newton

Web Services only support simple types. What you would want to do is
use a web service as a facade for the COM+ component. Web services are
meant to pass the message (data) as opposed to the implementation.
However it can only pass certain implmenentations. see the following
Microsoft support link.