calling doPostBack not working

Timothy Kelley

This bug has my application crippled in I.E. 5.0.

I'm calling the __doPostBack Fuction from my custom javascript function
Submit(pict)
It never reaches it in i.e. 5.0
I'm using 1.1 framework. It works fine in i.e. 5.5 and 6.0 but not i.e. 5.0

You can see an example of the problem at
http://www.ineedatour.com/smalltour.aspx?ID=2
using I.E. 5.0 The pictures will not change.

I'm pretty sure the problem that my custom SubmitPict(pict) function cannot
call __doPostBack('ChangePict',''). It works in the other browsers fine.

<SCRIPT language="javascript">
function SubmitPict(pict)
{
if((pict) && (pict != "")){
document.forms['images'].elements['PictNum'].value = pict;
__doPostBack('ChangePict','');// THIS CODE WILL NOT CALL THE __doPostBack
Function
</SCRIPT>

//This is the generated __doPostBackFunct
<script language="javascript">
<!--
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
theform = document.forms["images"];
}
else {
theform = document.images;
}
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
theform.submit();
}
// -->
</script>

fadi

ASP.NET is not fully compatible with 5.0 and some of MS documents recommends
running 5.1 or higher. For my client, I recommend 5.5

fadi