Calling external file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gerald, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Gerald

    Gerald Guest

    Hi guys,

    I want to be able to call a external exe from an aspx page.
    I saw two options:
    - creating a vbs file to call via Wscript.
    - Calling directly the exe.

    I have failed so far to do both.

    Solution 1: I have a vbs file that does everything I need. It works perfect
    when called from command line.
    But I cannot manage to call it from asp.net

    Solution 2: I have been able to create the script, but asp.net hangs up when
    I call it.
    I do see the process starting. But nothing coming up.

    Can someone give me a clue?

    Tx

    Gerald

    Gerald, Dec 7, 2005