Calling function in a child window from main parent window

Bhishm

Hi,

I am opening a child window from parent using window.open, but on
refreshing the parent the reference of the child is lost.

Is there any way to save the reference of the child in the parent
after refresh.

I have searched a lot but not able to find any relevant information

Thanks & Regards,
Bhishm

Michael Nemtsev, MVP

Hello Bhishm,

How do u store the reference now? it session?

---
WBR,

B> Hi,
B>
B> I am opening a child window from parent using window.open, but on
B> refreshing the parent the reference of the child is lost.
B>
B> Is there any way to save the reference of the child in the parent
B> after refresh.
B>
B> I have searched a lot but not able to find any relevant information
B>
B> Thanks & Regards,
B> Bhishm

bruce barker

security prevents passing the window handle. you could use framesets, so
the parent frame could hold the handle, or switch to ajax, so that a
postback is not done.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)