Calling function ValidatorValidate(val)

Jake

Hi All

I am trying to call "function ValidatorValidate(val)"
from "WebUIValidation.js" with Javascript but dont know
what the function is excpecting.

On "http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspplusvalid.asp" val is a
a "client-validator" but what is it exactly in
javascript, the span ID?

I am trying to triger this from a child page to validate
the main page useing teh follwing but again dont know
that to pass(vldEndDate is the span ID?):
window.opener.ValidatorValidate
(window.opener.document.vldEndDate)

Thanks in advance

Jake

Dune

You need to pass it a reference to the validator object
you are trying to trigger validation for. This means that
in your javascript, you must first find the correct
validator using the document.getElementById(controlName)
method. For example, if your validator control has
id="cuvValidateSelect" then you will need to do something
like this in your javascript...

var valControl = document.getElementById
("cuvValidateSelect");
ValidatorValidate(valControl);