    Is step 2 possible in a Webservice

    thanks...

    Nigel...
    Nigel Findlater, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Nigel Findlater

    Jan Tielens Guest

    No directly, you can't raise client side events with web services (yet?).

    But you can create a workaround with 2 method calls:
    MethodCallA(dataA)
    'do stuff
    MethodCallB(dataB)

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    "Nigel Findlater" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hallo,
    >
    > I have an application that requires more than 1 round trip to the server.

    By this I mean

    > 1. The client calls the Web Service sending some data
    > 2. The Web service processes this data but requires further data from the

    client. So the web service calls the client.
    > 3. The Web service does some further processing and returns the final

    result to the client.

    Jan Tielens, Apr 26, 2004