calling javascript functions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by AAaron123, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    The following works, almost.

    The address of the image appears in the titlebar(topmost area) as well in a
    bar under the title bar.

    I'd prefer that the address did not show at all.

    Possible?

    <script type="text/javascript">

    function popupWindow(path, w, h) {

    catWindow = window.open( path,"catWin", "width="+w+", height="+h+",resizable
    = yes ,scrollbars = yes,status = no,titlebar =no,toolbar = no ")

    }

    </script>

    Is the way I concatenated the parameters correct? Seems unusal to me but it
    appears to work.

    I call it thusly:

    >Picture</a>

    I'd like to specify the width and height of the .jpg image rather than
    300,300.

    Do you know how to do that?

    Thanks for any help at all

    AAaron123, Aug 14, 2008

  2. If you want to specify an image size, you want to create a image handler
    page rather than just open the image. The same is true if you want to hide
    the image URL.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Aug 14, 2008

  3. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    I don't want to force the image size.

    What I was asking was how to determine the number of pixels (width, height)
    in the .jpg file.

    I'll take your advice and create a page but still need to know how big to
    create it.

    thanks

    message news:OETTZLl$...

    AAaron123, Aug 14, 2008