Calling Master Page methods directly from Content Page inline code(.aspx file)

DevNll2002

Can it be done?

( This is a related issue to my recent post...
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...read/thread/a229a66642bedfaf/870614ae257ae699
...but with a twist. )

Here's the scenario:

Method in MyMaster.master.cs:
public void Logout(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Response.Write("You are logged out!");
}

Code in MyContent.aspx:
<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/MyMaster.master" %>
<asp:Button ID="btnLogout" runat="server" Text="Logout"
OnClick="Master.Logout" />

Browse to the page, and in big red letters:
Server Application Unavailable

Application log in Event Viewer shows:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000

This happens every time that 'Master.' is used directly in the .aspx
code.

A workaround is to call Master.Logout from within a MyContent.aspx.cs
method, then reference the latter method in MyContent.aspx.

MyContent.aspx *is* seeing the method in MyMaster.master.cs, because
it will throw errors for certain things like leaving out the overloads
in the Logout method declaration.

Is there a correct syntax for calling a Master Page method directly
from inline code, or should it just not be done?

Thanks.