Calling multiple javascripts -- help!

Julia Briggs

Hello World - I admit I'm new to javascript but I've tried for days to
find a solution to my problem.

Basically I have 3 unique javascript files that do different screen
display events that I want to dynamically call, where the current page
would then refresh after a user clicks on any one of three associated
button links. Could someone please assist me and craft a simple
script that would accomplish this feat of impossibility?

Sincerely,

%Julia%

nice.guy.nige

Hello World - I admit I'm new to javascript but I've tried for days to
find a solution to my problem.

Basically I have 3 unique javascript files that do different screen
display events that I want to dynamically call, where the current page
would then refresh after a user clicks on any one of three associated
button links. Could someone please assist me and craft a simple
script that would accomplish this feat of impossibility?

Some URL's would be useful, to help us to better understand what it is you
are doing, and what you want to do.

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

Julia Briggs

I don't have public links to show – but, conceptually this problem
should be solvable without looking at the script objects that I want
to call.

Richard Cornford

Julia Briggs said:
I don't have public links to show - but, conceptually this problem
should be solvable without looking at the script objects that I want
to call.

You may have a clear concept of the script you envision but your
original description of the problem is very ambiguous so you are
unlikely to get any help without some form of clarification.

Richard.

Julia Briggs

Welp, hopefully this description will crystallize what I am trying to
do without having to show my code.

I have an HTML page and several javascript files. The javascript
files perform screen resize functions. I want to have these called
"dynamically" and then refresh the current page when someone clicks on
a hyperlinked Button (1, 2, 3, etc...)

Sorry for my excuses, but I am lousy at writing JavaScript code. :(

Thanks if you can write this.

%Julia%

Richard Cornford

Julia Briggs said:
Welp, hopefully this description will crystallize what
I am trying to do without having to show my code.

I have an HTML page and several javascript files.

That is not unusual.
The javascript files perform screen resize functions.

Screens are normally the domain of Operating Systems and are not
resizable with web site JavaScript. I would speculate that you are
probably thinking about browser windows, but who can say?
I want to have these called "dynamically"

"called" is a term that can be directly applied to JavaScript functions
but is not really meaningful when applied to JavaScript files. Without
criteria "dynamically" could mean anything; randomly, according to the
date/time of day, in response to some events/conditions/user action,
etc.
and then refresh the current page when someone
clicks on a hyperlinked Button (1, 2, 3, etc...)
<snip>

Finally something specific; "and then" - sequence. So this page
re-loading follows the "dynamic" "calling" of the JavaScript file. That
would imply that the "hyperlinked buttons" should be
disabled/unavailable/inactive until after the "dynamic" "calling" of the
JavaScript file, so that action should be expected to activate the
buttons as a side effect.

"hyperlinked button" is a bit vague as well as hyperlinked implies <a
href=" ... "> elements while button implies <button> or <input
type="button|submit|image"> elements. Though which would be most
appropriate would probably depend on the reason for re-loading the page
in the first place.

Is this sounding like your original concept? I think not. You might say
that I am being deliberately obtuse, and to some extent I am. For
example I am fairly sure that when you say, "have these called" I think
that you probably mean, "have these loaded". I am also fairly sure that
the sequence that you have specified is almost the reverse of what you
envisaged.

It is the case that computer code is always absolutely specific while
ideas and concepts can be vague and imprecise. Obviously the process of
turning an idea into code must go through stages of increasing
specification. How many stages and who is responsible for creating the
intermediate specifications will vary depending on circumstances, but
the onus is on you to provide a sufficient starting point.

The previous request to see code is the normal reaction to a description
of a vague concept. With code to examine it is usually possible to
derive the specific requirement and set about implementing it.

In the absence of code (and even when code can be provided) a good text
description of the specific requirement, stressing the sequence of
events, cause and effect relationships, conditions and so on, is a
minimum starting point.

In addition to details of the requirement a very valuable piece of
information to provide is the answer to the question - Why? Knowing why
someone wants to do something allows a great deal to be deduced from a
less than adequate specification. That is, the goal provides direction
when interpreting a description. Knowing why also allows people to
propose complete alternative approaches that would achieve the desired
goal in an objectively superior way.

Richard.