Calling .NET Assembly from JavaScript...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by arc, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. arc

    arc Guest

    I have a requirement to call .NET assembly (Custom component) from thin
    client Page (ASPX).
    This Assembly talks only TCP/IP with an external server and hence cannot
    interact over HTTP.
    That's the reason I am trying to make a call from the Client Script so that
    the information could be captured from screen, sent to the Assembly
    and is fired by the Client Script itself because the Assembly as such is
    dumb

    Is there a way to perform this? Or should it be done only by a Thick Windows
    Client?
    Here is a sample code within which I would like to make a call to this
    Assembly.

    <%@ Register TagPrefix="UITemplate" TagName="TTop" Src="include/top.ascx" %>
    <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="UpdateProfile.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="XXX.UpdateProfile" %>
    <HTML dir="ltr">
    <HEAD>
    <title>XXX</title>
    name="vs_targetSchema">
    <script language="javascript">
    function validateProfile()
    {
    //////Call to Assembly - ServerConnector
    }
    </HEAD>
    </HTML>

    Regards,
    Arc

    arc, Jul 22, 2003

  2. The only way I see is to build a COM component with Dotnet, and embed it
    into the page.
    Note that security zones may need to be changed, or assembly strongly named
    and signed

    Steve

    "arc" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > I have a requirement to call .NET assembly (Custom component) from thin
    > client Page (ASPX).
    > This Assembly talks only TCP/IP with an external server and hence cannot
    > interact over HTTP.
    > That's the reason I am trying to make a call from the Client Script so

    that
    > the information could be captured from screen, sent to the Assembly
    > and is fired by the Client Script itself because the Assembly as such is
    > dumb
    >
    > Is there a way to perform this? Or should it be done only by a Thick

    Windows
    > Client?
    > Here is a sample code within which I would like to make a call to this
    > Assembly.
    >
    > <%@ Register TagPrefix="UITemplate" TagName="TTop" Src="include/top.ascx"

    %>

    Steve B. [Labo.Net], Jul 24, 2003