Calling Perl Modules from ruby

barjunk

I saw some conversation about this a few months ago, but wanted to
revisit this.

I think the main theme of what I saw was that the perl modules should
be rewritten into ruby.

Any better way to leverage what is already there in Perl?

I'm trying to convert what we have in Perl to Ruby, but the folks who
maintain the perl are nervous of a re-write...let alone the time it
would take to do it.

This is custom perl stuff. I don't believe it is proprietary,
however.

Thanks for any direction.

Mike B.

barjunk

If what you have inperlis working, why go through the hassle to
rewrite?

Actually what I would prefer to do is to call the perl modules
directly from my ruby stuff. The only way I can see to do this
currently is using a system command.

I guess I was hoping there was a way to "talk" to the perl modules
directly. Seems like a pipe dream at the moment.

Mike B.

Sean T Allen

barjunk said:
This looks interesting. Thanks for point it out. Have you ever used
it yourself?

Mike B.
no i haven't. we haven't had the need to yet.