calling stored procedure from Visual FoxPro database

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JN, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. JN

    JN Guest

    Hello,

    I'm having problem calling stored procedures from Visual
    FoxPro database. I got the following exception error:

    "System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unrecognized command
    verb"

    It seems like the stored procedures are not recognized
    by .Net.
    I'm using .Net framework 1.0 and VFP7.0.

    Here is my code snipet:

    Dim oConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection
    (AppSettings("connectionString"))
    Dim oCmd As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand()

    oCmd.Connection = oConn
    oCmd.CommandText = "generateID" 'calling stored procedure
    oCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure

    Try
    oCmd.Connection.Open()

    Dim oDR As OleDbDataReader
    oDR = oCmd.ExecuteQuery()
    oDR.Close()

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    JN, Nov 5, 2003