Calling Web Service that calls other Web Service with Windows Authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by manuelserpabrandao@gmail.com, Jun 14, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all

    I would like to now the answer to the following problem, if someone can
    help.

    Given a windows application client that's calling a web service (using
    default credentials) the
    web service gets invoked fine with the users credentials. However they
    need
    to call a second web service from the first one. When it hits the
    second web
    service, the web service (even though configured correctly) always
    reports (401) Unauthorized.

    Is there any possibility to do this or is impossible ?

    Is possible to implement any workaround for this problem ?

    Thanks in advance

    Manuel Brandão

    , Jun 14, 2006

  2. You need to implement Kerberos delegation to make this work. It is
    definitely possible and supported. I'd suggest reading up on the Kerberos
    delegation papers on MSDN and TechNet to get up to speed.

    Joe K.

    http://www.directoryprogramming.net

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Jun 14, 2006