Calling Web Service with axis freezes application

stefan

Hi all!

I have problems invoking a Web Service with AXIS.
When I call a web service which is on localhost, the process freezes
when invoke() is called.
SOAPEnvelope response = createCall(serverURI).invoke(request);

After trying a few times I opened TCP Monitor to check communication.
The whole traffic is very well, I see the request which seems correct.
I see the response coming in, which is also correct.
Then I clicked on the remove Button on TCP Monitor which then caused my
program to continue!
I don't know what that means, but maybe you have expreienced the same.
I will paste the soap message request and response.
As I said, the program only continues when I press the "remove
selected" or "remove all" button in the Axis TCP Monitor. The program
can also handle the response well.

By the way, I have another tool to invoke the same request, which works
(without clicking that button)
I have not acivated any proxy or delay in TCP Monitor

any help would be great!
thanks in advance
Stefan B.

Request:
POST /opcxmlda/wago.opcserver.modbustcp.da.1 HTTP/1.0

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:xmlda="http://opcfoundation.org/webservices/XMLDA/1.0/">
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Read>
<soapenv ptions ReturnItemTime="true" ReturnItemName="true"
ClientRequestHandle="" LocaleID="en-us"/>
<soapenv:ItemList MaxAge="1000">
<soapenv:Items ItemPath="" ItemName="i-for-T/Peak_Max"
ClientItemHandle=""/>
</soapenv:ItemList>
</soapenv:Read>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

RESPONSE:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: dOPC XGate 2.06
Connection: keep-alive

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Body>
<ReadResponse xmlns="http://opcfoundation.org/webservices/XMLDA/1.0/">
<ReadResult RcvTime="2006-02-22T19:41:36.078+01:00"
ReplyTime="2006-02-22T19:41:36.093+01:00" RevisedLocaleID="en"
ServerState="running"/>
<RItemList>
<Items ItemName="i-for-T/Peak_Max"
Timestamp="2006-02-22T19:41:36.093+01:00">
<Value xsi:type="xsd:unsignedShort">85</Value>
<Quality/>
</Items>
</RItemList>
</ReadResponse>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

robert

Try turning on axis debugging, client and server side - it'll show
where it gets stuck. Also, you may try the axis soap monitor applet -
which implements a handler and is a bit more flexible. I'd say try
logging first as its easier.

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/